Pages

Sunday 28 April 2013

Red Velvet Cake

Or the meat cake as it will henceforth be known... 


This cake is really fashionable at the moment, so I thought I would give it a go. However, it wasn't very easy, or it was easy and I did it wrong. One of the two. 

Anyway the air gets in to it by adding bicarb to vinegar which fizzes, you then  add it to the mix and then you add food colouring. In the book she uses colouring paste...which I didn't have so I improvised using liquid instead. This may have been a mistake...

It is then baked (obviously) for a while. 

I put a skewer in to the cake and it came out clean. So I assumed that the cake was done. 

HOW ABOUT NO. 

No, the cake was not as we later found out when the inside was mushy and like meat... appetizing right? 
It was horrible, the consistency was sticky and gummy and revolting. Also the colour wasn't red enough as once the mixture was very watery, I was too scared to add more. So it was more of a salmon colour. 

It is topped with a cream cheese and sugar frosting, which is sweet but not too sweet. This was the best part of the cake. 

I didn't take a picture of this disaster of a cake because well it was a disaster, but as a visual representation... 



So that was the prize for the worst cake, woop woop!

Next Recipe: Apple Clafoutis 


No comments:

Post a Comment