Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Saratoga Torte

Or Cowpat pudding...

The pudding that requires no special tray, just a baking tray. A bog standard baking tray. 

This was one of the main reasons that this was picked to be the next pudding as this had to be a pudding that could be made in a holiday house. And it is one of the only puddings in the whole book (besides biscuits) that can be made without a cake tin of some description. 

The reason it is called cowpat pudding? well it looks a little like a cowpat with cream on top. Sounds delicious doesn't it? 

It is a digestive biscuit and pecan meringue with whipped cream and pecans on the top. Sounds pretty simple and it was pretty simple. As my friend and me found an electric whisk so in that respects it was very easy to whip up. 

However while baking this giant digestive biscuit, I discovered something about myself. 

I hate cooking with other people. 

Cooking is MY activity. And I cannot deal with other people trying to aid me. except my mother. This has nothing to do with the person who I was cooking with or anything like that it is just something I have realised. 

And that is what the saratoga torte taught me; cooking is a lone activity. for me. 

Anyway it was strangely yummy and I can see me cooking it again if in a holiday house without any interesting baking trays and desperate for some whipped cream and a digestive meringue. But otherwise probably not. I didn't blow me away, but I am glad that I made it.

But obviously if I do cook it again I would cook it alone.

Next Recipe: Coconut Macaroons

No comments:

Post a Comment