Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Ginger, Almond and Fig Meringue Cake



I’m just going to make one thing clear: I DO NOT LIKE FIGS! Or so I thought until I tried this cake. Actually I don’t know whether I like figs or this cake…Probably the cake... 

Another flour free recipe as we played host to a guest that couldn't eat loads of stuff including FLOUR ! Sad times indeed.

This is a very sticky recipe- the ginger is sticky, the fig is sticky and meringue is sticky. And the first two ingredients look a little bit like alien babies. Not that I have ever seen an alien baby…..

MOVING ON!             

But once I got past the stickiness it was fine. All you have to do is chop up roasted almonds, ginger (from a jar) and figs and then add it into a meringue mix. You mix it all together, poor it in to a tin, bake for ½ an hour and then voila! It is made. Hooray! 

It is also the first cake that I have made that can be made on the day and doesn't need to be prepared three years in advance, so that is good!

Everyone liked it and for me, the hater of figs, it was actually fine, when covered in cream.

Note: This cake could be improved if figs were swapped for dates



Sorry the photo is a bit on the fuzzy side... 

Next couple of recipes are going to be full of festive frolicking and hopefully will be very delicious.

Next Recipe: Mincemeat 

No comments:

Post a Comment