Pages

Saturday 13 April 2013

Lemon Polenta Cake

Polenta for those who don't know is peeled barley and is used as a substitute for flour.

Anyway the cake.

It was very delicious if I say so myself and was made with very little catastrophes, thankfully. It is quite simple to make though so it doesn't say much...

You shove all the ingredients in to a bowl and cream together. The end mixture is grainy... because of the polenta, sounds really great right now doesn't it? Then you put it in the oven to do its thing.

I then had to make an accompanying strawberry compote. Now the problem with this was that it needed Kirsch. I had never heard of it before and surprisingly enough we didn't have any. After being told it was an alcoholic drink that if we bought a whole bottle of would just sit in the cupboard never used. I decided to improvise. Enter the sloe gin.

Along with the gin there is also strawberry jam, she says use Bonne Mama but that is way to fancy - I prefer Hartley's, and quartered strawberries.

This is then served with the cake along with some creme friache and it is all very yummy.


Next Recipe: Scones 


No comments:

Post a Comment