Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Coconut Macaroons

I am sorry that I haven't blogged recently but I have been baking so here are my thoughts on Coconut macaroons.

Coconut macaroons are a popular afternoon snack in our family but I have never made them myself and the ones that we buy are not exactly the same as the ones in the book. Annie Bell's have jam in the middle whereas the ones we buy are dipped in chocolate but other than that they are pretty similar.

Anyway, macaroons have a meringue consistency and are basically a meringue with desiccated coconut mixed in to the normal whipped egg white and sugar. They are then dolloped on to a baking tray and then a little hole is made in the top which is then filled with jam.

They are then baked.

The problem with these were that they weren't particularly cakey as I had expected them to be. They were more chewy and in many ways... bouncy.... they were strange.

They tasted fine but the texture ruined them a little bit.


Anyway when I make them again, if I make them again. I will try the traditional way, with chocolate. 

Next Recipe: Smartie Traybake and Black Forest Traybake

No comments:

Post a Comment