Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

Smartie Traybake and Black Forest Traybake

Now this may seem like cheating... the fact that I am doing 2 recipes in one go but, they are the same cake just with different icings so I might as well save some time as I am really behind.

This is a chocolate cake made with light muscovado sugar and NO butter just vegetable oil. Now the first problem that I came across with this cake was that it soon developed mountains..... yep... mountains.... 

But they soon flattened down, not completely though...

I turned the cakes over and then TA DA, mountains? what mountains? 

With the smartie traybake the icing was dark chocolate with milk and smarties on top. With the black forest traybake the icing had syrup, whipping cream, with toblerone and glace cherries as a topping. 

There was a slight problem that the smartie icing was very thick and not very spreadable so I added some melted chocolate to make it more icing-y and it was soon better. 

They both tasted fine even though the smartie one was a bit more jolly and sugary, where icing was concerned. 






Next Recipe : Pancakes 


No comments:

Post a Comment