Pages

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Passion fruit Cheesecake

This post marks the first cheesecake I have ever made and it was a quite an exciting cheesecake to start with. It had passion fruit on the top, PASSION FRUIT! Before this I hadn't even eaten a passion fruit before,  having done this now I can say that they are not particularly nice... oh well.

The cheesecake is not a baked one, it is put in the fridge instead. Because of this it had to have gelatin leaves put in it, which on a side note would be great for windows in a gingerbread house, they are doused in water which make them jelly-ish. Flubbery.

Anyway the gelatin is then mixed with cream cheese (as traditional) which is then poured on top of a shortcake base. My shortbread was a little too blended which meant it was very very very crunchy when fridged. Not a word. Cool.




Once this is taken out of the fridge, it is time for the passion fruit part. Passion fruits look like this, for those who don't know. 



You scoop the middle of the fruit out and then mix them with gelatin and water to create a passion fruit jelly mixture. This is then poured on top of the cheesecake (careful not to let it overflow, problems will occur). Then the whole thing is put back in to the fridge to set. 

After a few hours it is removed and it looks like this:



It is not perfect but I think it looks pretty damn good, if I say so myself! It was quite nice but to me it looked better than it tasted. I am quite proud of it to be honest. 

Next Recipe: Summer Berry Genoise

No comments:

Post a Comment