Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas Countdown: Day 4: Apple and Blackberry Streusel

Another autumnal cake thing today, with blackberries and apples again... bit of a running theme apparently... oh well...

This is similar to something that I have made before... which I can't remember the name of...

Anyway, it is like a cake, with a fruity compote and then a crumble layer on top. What I have realized as I write this is that it is basically a crumble with a cake layer. The fruit used can be substituted with any fruit you want really, plum would be nice.

The cake is basically a normal sponge, a recipe to which is here. The fruit is then added on top, you don't have to do anything to it, all you have to do is rest it on top of the sponge. You then sprinkle a normal crumble which is made by mixing butter, sugar and a bit of cinnamon to give it that festive punch.

I don't have much to say about this as it is not my own recipe except that you should definitely try it as it is very warming as a pudding so perfect for this time of year.


1 comment:

  1. Okay looks really delicious BUT WHERE IS THE RECIPE FOR SPONGE? (Sorry I'll stop with the capslock)

    ReplyDelete