Pages

Sunday 16 June 2013

Carrot Cake

Carrot cake has always confused me as a concept. Why would you put carrot in cake? It's a vegetable.

However, I have of course eaten it before, (meal deals in Boots are so very cheap) I have never made it as I just didn't think it was really my style.

Then the time came to create one as my mum wanted to take cake in to work for her team. So I thought, hey, why not?

Carrot cake surprisingly enough has carrots in it as well as walnuts, hazelnuts, raisins and lemon. This recipe had no flour and instead of butter had sunflower oil...  spooky stuff...

It then has the traditional cream cheese frosting which I decorated with walnuts.

But it looked decent and apparently her work colleagues liked it, so all was well.

Here is a photo of a slice, which my mum took as it "got a bit battered" on the way to work.

Next Recipe: Coffee and Walnut Cake


No comments:

Post a Comment