Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Recent Baking Purchases and Gifts

As you should all know, it was Christmas a few weeks ago... if you didn't know that.... Well you do know and I don't know how you managed to avoid it.

Anyway I received a selection of baking delights and treats in my stocking and the like. I then went to stay with my close friend Eve in Woodbridge which is a lovely village in Suffolk. Made all the more lovelier by one of the best baking shops I have ever been in to. This shop has EVERYTHING, and I mean everything. We tested it.
I have been searching John Lewis, a department store, for months trying to find a madeline tin with no luck and this baking shop had one. For under a tenner and everything! Needless to say that was not my only purchase in that shop

So this blog post is basically, a what I have recently acquired and by extension what sort of recipes you can look forward to over the course of the year....

First Christmas...



1. Icing Modelling tool set- so I am going to try and develop my icing and general decorating skills as I think that we are all aware that they are not the best.
2. Cake Tester- just a cute little present as I always lose the skewer that we have. 
3. Star Shaped Cake Tin- I am thinking that this will be really cute for making upside down cake as the fruit on top will all be patterned and pretty.
4. Camera Lens Timer- just lovely cute gifty present
5. Food Colouring Paste - obviously I have liquid food colouring but many recipes work better with solid food colouring so I think it might be time for another try at red velvet cake...
6. Edible Glitter - just a nice decorating thing for cupcakes and the like
7. Tartlet tins - mmmm tarts 

I also got a spatula but I didn't think that was that interesting....

I also got this great great great apron which was personalised and everything! just having photo issues at the moment... will show it in the next post!

I got a few cookery books as well....
The Cupcake - Marks and Spencer
The Great British Bake Off: How to turn everyday bakes into showstoppers - Linda Collister

On to the great baking shop....

A mini bundt tin - Yes a singular mini bundt tin I know this is not that practical but it was SO cute that I just couldn't resist and I am very excited about using this and making lots and lots and lots of little tiny bundts...

Nylon Icing Bags- what it says on the tin

3 mini nozzles- for decorative piping on biscuits and stuff... I will just have to start practicing with them haha

So that was it...  was slightly different to usual but I thought I would just try something new...

Let me now what you think in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment